Monday 19 January 2015

I love reading

Hello,

Well I had my birthday on Friday which was really nice as I'd booked the day off work so had some time at home which actually just gave me chance to get the food ready for that evening as we had family coming over to celebrate with me. So was a really great day and evening.

I was really pleased with myself yesterday as I managed to finish Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone which I didn't think I would be able to get finished as I had had a rather busy week with a gathering at my husband's gran, a birthday meal/catch up with my best friend on Thursday then birthday on Friday so a lot of my evenings which would usually involve some reading were taken up with other lovely activities. But I did it I don't know how but I finished it yesterday morning and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I mean this was a re-read so as many people are I was very familiar with the story. But it was just brilliant I wasn't bored at any stage, I didn't skim over any parts I just loved it and picked up on a few little details as ever whenever you re-read a book.

Also another major book related issue. For my birthday my husband got me an amazing bookmark which I am completely besotted with. Look at how incredible it is

Isn't it gorgeous, I am so happy with it it's unbelieveable. I think it had the desired effect my husband was hoping for. The fox is made out of pewter, I love it so much. I'm hoping the next book I pull out of my tbr jar is one I have in paperback so I can use it some more.
This picture shows just how much I managed to read on Friday afternoon, Saturday during parts of the day and Sunday morning. As I was given this on Friday morning. Just soo happy with it and think it's probably my favourite present. My sister did also get my a £10 waterstones voucher though and I'm rather pleased with that too haha 

So that means I'm two full books down towards my goal of 20 for the year (although it's classed as my third because I finished MTLGTM just a couple of days into the new year) On to my 4th book for the year and I picked out of my lovely tbr jar this:
  Now I've heard and seen this book floating around on booktube for a while and I've only heard good things about. But at the same time it was mostly when people were give their top series or books of the year so I hadn't actually heard in much detail about the book itself. ( I know a lot of people loving Noah Shaw) So I was going into this book quite blind and didn't know much other than the blurb on the back so here it is taken from Amazon:

Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger. She wakes from a coma in hospital with no memory of how she got there or of the bizarre accident that caused the deaths of her best friends and her boyfriend, yet left her mysteriously unharmed. The doctors suggest that starting over in a new city, a new school, would be good for her and just to let the memories gradually come back on their own. But Mara's new start is anything but comforting. She sees the faces of her dead friends everywhere, and when she suddenly begins to see other people's deaths right before they happen, Mara wonders whether she's going crazy! And if dealing with all this wasn't enough, Noah Shaw, the most beautiful boy she has ever seen can't seem to leave her alone… but as her life unravels around her, Mara can't help but wonder if Noah has another agenda altogether…

Obviously I haven't finished this book yet but I am loving it! I don't know how but I'm already 152 pages in which considering I didn't even download it until yesterday afternoon and that I'm a slow reader speaks volumes for the book. It's probably the length of the chapters which makes it easier too as they are quite short. I'm really enjoying the book so far though, Mara is coming across as a very likable, relatable character although how much of a reliable character she is I'm unsure yet because of how far in I'm in. Whether this will change I don't know yet. I also have mixed feelings about Noah Shaw who I'm guessing is the main love interest in the story but again because of how far in I am I don't know about him just yet. I am engrossed by Michelle Hodkin's writing style it flows nicely and keeps me wanting to turn the next back, although I'm reading this on my kindle so guess clicking :O) 
I was hoping to hold out and get these in paperback but they were out of stock on Amazon, and Waterstones (both online and in store) so I went with the download. 
I'm going to try and aim again to have this finished on Sunday but I'm not sure how I will do as obviously this is a larger book than Harry Potter, and I'm also doing some sewing with my mum on Sunday so that means I won't have as much time to read on the weekend as finishing up but who knows how I'll progress with it during the week.

I'm just completely loving reading at the moment and books I can't get enough of them. I'm just having to restrain myself from buying more. Need to get through a few more that I have already first and I think I will make a list and purchase a few towards the end of the month. Think I will have to give myself a limit, of how much I spend and how many I buy a month. In relation to how many I've read.

Well hope this is a enough of a bit of an update for now. Type soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment